What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please respect moderators decisions

bolo

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm a little disappointed once again in hearing that our moderators are taking criticism over their decisions.

Again this is related to the sites rules and regulation and for those who know what thread I'm referring, then you should also know the dangers and possible outcomes of digging in a field where there is a high chance of discovering live ordnance.

You may be experienced yourself in these matters, but as soon as someone posts a thread on this site advertising live ordnance locations, then it's not just you who will see that information. Search engines would immediately hit the new thread to feed that information into their database.

If some kid had read that thread, lived closed by to the location and thought that finding some ammo or whatever sounds like a laugh and ends up losing his limbs or worse, then surely our moderators deserve a pat on the back for spotting that potential outcome and preventing it rapidly rather than leaving it to chance?!

They certainly don't deserve criticism.

If you wish to discuss this further then PM me.

Thanks.

nice ..........if any of the others calling me and the other admin big dicks with not enough brains, or telling admin how they want bocn running and who they want running it (not suggesting via pm direct to admin as any sensible person would do) would like to jump ship..please do.
And leave BOCN to the serious and sensible collectors who are happy to abide by and understand why we have the rules in place

added note the majority of the rules have been in place since the day bocn started

Last edited:
nice ..........if any of the others calling me and the other admin big dicks with not enough brains, or telling admin how they want bocn running and who they want running it (not suggesting via pm direct to admin as any sensible person would do) would like to jump ship..please do.
And leave BOCN to the serious and sensible collectors who are happy to abide by and understand why we have the rules in place

added note the majority of the rules have been in place since the day bocn started

I think that all BOCN users need to be thankful for all the behind the scenes work that Spotter and all other mods put in to make this site available for all to use and as a rule the majority as responsible collectors do appreciate this.
Rather than "big dicks with no brains" theres a lot of expertise and experience within this team and the membership in general in the EOD field and the rules that are laid down are to protect the very existence of the site but more importantly casual browsers who may well think they will give DIY deactivation a go,theres no way responsible people would promote this in a public forum.

Big thank you Spotter, the admin team and the mods for sacrificing so much of their own time to keep BOCN up and running

MG34NZ

I Will third that.
The EOD expertise on this forum is second to none and respect should be due to those involved, not cheap cracks[sorry, no pun intended].

Andy

My thoughts for what they are worth is that it is a sensitive subject, whilst most have some kind of common sense when dealing with collecting ordnance (or for some who work with live ordnance) there are always a few that may not. Therefore if a post is removed then I am sure there is good reason behind its removal.

Personally I love the site and long may it continue, I am also sure those involved behind the scenes must put a lot of time in to keep it running.

Also it is one of the few sites that has a genuine band of people who are willing to assist in guiding other like myself that are relatively new to this field.

Dan

Bolo and all other administrator/moderators,
Thank you for making these essential rules clear, some people will continue acting in an irresponsible manner until they, or innocent bystanders realise the extent of the idiots stupidity, and spend time observing the patient in intensive care. That is of course if they are lucky enough not to be visiting the mortuary.
navyman.

All Fun and Games

Thanks to the moderators for running this site. For those of us that need the help of the professional people on here, all I can say is thank you. To me (as a former EOD Operator) this rule makes a lot of sense. It is all fun and games until someone gets hurt wandering in areas where they shouldn't be, or looking for things they shouldn't be looking for. Once you have responded to civilians that have been killed just working, walking, or even trying to avoid these areas this rule hits home.

Again thanks to the moderators of this site for the hard work you do here and for thinking ahead enough to avoid the istakes that could be made through here.

Joe

Appreciation/Respect

Guys that run BOCN, thank you for doing a great job & upkeeping a great forum for us to contribute to.

There must always be rules, if someone doesn't abide & gets cut off at the knees, SO BE IT. Like it or go find somewhere else to play!

Keep up the excellent work Spot & others.

Regards OZZI.

Thanks

I would like to add my thanks to the moderators and organizers. Great job done with little reward. It is tragic that some do not understand that our hobby has enough pressure without some innocent person being hurt by lack of thought. As for insults to the moderators, these show plain ignorance. This a great site with outstanding experts let us keep it this way.

Thanks a lot folks,,it shows how stupid and disruptive the few people we have banned have been,they quite often think they are been clever and getting one over on BOCN and its members by trying to sign back on with false names or get friends to sign up on there behalf,but they always trip themselves up with their lies.Apart from been pathetic and childish,they are been deliberately deceitfull to the other members and showing their true devious colours.If they hate the site and admin so much why go to the trouble of making themselves look pathetic in front of everyone,if i wasnt happy with a site or got banned i would just stay away.
Thankfully its just a minority that cause problems.
So thanks everyone and keep posting,,as you all keep telling me ,dont let them get you down..
regards allan

My "two cents" here will be that: "two cents". People who are not agree with forum rules: dont post more and migrate to another forum. People who "touch the balls" of our moderators with stupid questions or problems, remove them from the forum. It is very easy, "two cents". Amen.