What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Polaris A2 loading

Slick

Fair warning - this video will most likely bore a majority of watchers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz7XPan8ehA

Anyone having been tasked with loading ANYTHING ordnance may find it interesting.

For me, I've been on a ship tied to that exact pier for loading and off-loading Terrier missiles. Of note, when we did our transfers, a checklist was read and nobody did nothin' unless the action was read first, then hollered CHECK! when completed. The "reader" would then use the supplied U.S. GOVT. grease pencil and check the block before going to the next step. VERY controlled process. I didn't see any of that happening in this video, but it was a few years before my time, so it may not have been instituted then. Or edited out.
Another thing was security. A couple dozen Moerines :wink: were all about. We were issued 1911s without bullets. Or maybe it was just mine. They knew me.

Anyway, this vid shows the complex loading process of the Polaris missile. Enjoy.