What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possible Bomb Fuze

Eodtek

Premium/Ordnance Approved
Ordnance approved
Anyone able to take a guess at what this was before they destroyed it?

Attachments

• 100MEDIA95IMAG0156.jpg
    100MEDIA95IMAG0156.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 79
A commercial 150 grm cast PETN booster made by Orica for initiating bulk mining/quarrying charges with a link of detonating cord passing through it.
catalogue here -

Thanks. As a working bomb tech for the agency that regulates explosives in the US, I was pretty sure what the bright orange things in the photo were but you managed to remove any doubt for me :bigsmile:

Anyone want to take a crack at the rusty item in the middle of the 2?

And yes, I already know the white "rope looking stuff" is 110gr/ft det cord so no need to point that out.

Is the centre item a shock tube initiator? Lots of similar devices around that use primer caps to generate the spark into the tube.

Is the centre item a shock tube initiator? Lots of similar devices around that use primer caps to generate the spark into the tube.

They are familiar with that type of device and said that it did not appear to be the same.

Are there any other photos of the device - base end would be good?
Still think that it is an initiating device for shock tube or safety fuse.

Are there any other photos of the device - base end would be good?
Still think that it is an initiating device for shock tube or safety fuse.

Unfortunately no, that is the only thing I have as the other photo shows the same angle.