What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Posting deac firearms UK

pointblank0

BOCN Supporter
Hello all. Just checking what the rules are with posting deac weapons in uk at the moment. Has anyone had any RECENT transactions that have been fine? I was thinking of sending it royal mail parcels, and including all the 'inert' notices on the inside of the box, along with the certificate. I would strip it first.
Would this be ok do you reckon? Just worried about security getting tighter.
Cheers,
Rob

pointblanko
By rights if it is stripped & has a copy of the deac cert enclosed & is sent recorded & insured by royal mail it is perfectly legal & ok.
You may find a courier cheaper though!
You are not obliged to declare what it is as it is inert/safe/legal & harmless (unless used as a bat/club).
Check the royal mail website though regarding such items. Unfortunately as I recall they (RM) do reserve the right to be judge & jury as to what is allowed - regardless of common sense & common law.
As fishinmick says TNT or a private courier may be the safest (& cheapest) bet.

Thanks guys, I think I will probably go for a private courier and just ask when I make the call, then I can't go wrong, like you say...probably quite a bit cheaper