What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Practice Incendiary Bomb Simulator

roller63

Premium Member
Here is an unsual item that I have had for years and recently re discovered. It has been inerted by scooping out from the base. Firstly I have copied the text from it in case it is not clear on the pics. Does anyone know more about it or the practice bomb it refers to ?

R.M.C THUNDERFLASH

Do not hold in hand. Place on ground, light blue touch paper. Stand well away.

When used in connection with A.R.P practice incendiary bombs to simulate the I.B.E.N, according to the Ministry of Home Security?s instructions, the explosion of this bomb with explosive nose intact will be represented by placing the thunderflash near the practice bomb.

If placed some distance away, it will represent an explosive nose which has broken away on impact.

ROBERTS, Mc LEAN & CO. Ltd (Inc India)
Fitzgerald works, Fitzgerald Ave, Mortlake S.W. 14
MVC_469S.JPG

I forgot to mention, it is only small, about 65mm long and 14mm dia. about the size of a good old fashioned English Banger Firework of the 1970's