What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Practice Jap Fuze

paul the grenade

Heres a pic for Kiwi Colin.
A normal japanese grenade fuze next to the solid practice version.
The practice one is wider and wont screw into a normal gren body.
Cheers, Paul.

Attachments

• jap fuzes.jpg
    jap fuzes.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 41
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the photo. Here's my practice fuze. It's hollow brass with a lead plug inside to give some weight to the top. A brass cap fits it perfectly, but the threaded section is slightly thinner than the standard fuze???? Cheers Colin

Attachments

• jap prac fuze.jpg
    jap prac fuze.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 18
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the photo. Here's my practice fuze. It's hollow brass with a lead plug inside to give some weight to the top. A brass cap fits it perfectly, but the threaded section is slightly thinner than the standard fuze???? Cheers Colin

I had only tried this fuze in a Type 10 practice gren, for which it was too small. I've just tried it in a standard Type 91 and it fits perfectly (there must be a subtle difference between the T10 & T91 fuze thread), The question is now, which Japanese practice gren accepts the standard size fuze? Cheers