What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pre WW1 German wooden shell ID please.

phantomf4

Hello all, was wondering if someone could tell me about this shell, It has a brass base and is dated 1899. I know it's German but would like to know what gun it is for, is it rare, and if anyone else here has seen one. Thanks

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 106
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 88
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 90
Forgot to add that the Fuze is marked ExKZ11 with s.p. 14 under it. it measure 19 inches long and is close to 3 inch diameter above the rim at the base. The fuze is made of metal and aluminum and the bass is Brass.

Rare for sure! I also think the 77 mm FK1896. The brass part should then be 91 mm rim diameter and 51 mm high.

It's a 77mm drill round "Unterrichtsgrante"
The EX headstamp on the KZ11 fuse and on the base of the cartridge case is for "Exercierung"

Wow thanks for all the great info guys!! Like I said I have never seen one before so I knew this was the place to ask! Excellent!