What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pricecheck on 13 Pounder Cases

peregrinvs

Hi,

Having just acquired a shell, I'm in the market for a suitable case and will be looking at W&P on Wednesday. Could anyone let me know what a reasonable price is for a WWI dated case? Either the original type or the AA 13pdr 9cwt type. Am I right in thinking the former type is rarer?

At the same time, I also acquired a 1977 dated 13pdr MkIV saluting blank case. I'd be interested to know if it is rare and if it is worth anything?

Thanks,
Mark

I'd say that the 13Pr 9Cwt cases are worth 10 to 15 depending on condition. They are fairly common, I'm sure you will find one at W&P.

The 13 Pounder field gun cases can be more difficult to find.

I picked up a '70s 13pr Blank cart for 10 about a month ago. It had never been filled. I guess they are scarcer than the ww1 dated ones but don't know what quantity they were made in. They are still in use by the kings troop RHA.
Cheers
Gary

The offending item:
13 Pounder saluting blank - 1977.jpg
Possibly a long shot... but if anyone wants to swap it for a WWI 13pdr 9cwt AA case and can meet me at the War & Peace show on Wednesday, get in touch ASAP...