What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Project Bunker

Hi Falcon, That is a WWI German 10.5cm howitzer shell casing from Dusseldorf and dated 1915..regards...Dano

How many square meter ???

Dear Dano

How much square meters will be the full size of your trench and your bunker ??

Nice yob you have now a pice of Europe battelfield in your house !!

go ahead

best regards David

I'm not sure on the measurments Dave, though it is not really big. I just like the war feel I get when i'm in there. There is lots of stuff I want to do on the inside still as i've got some real fine ideas. It's just a case of running across some of the materials (mainly corrugated tin). Would eventually like the inside of the bunker to resemble an officers dug out of WWI. I have the time and patience. I could go buy the tin, but i'm cheap and used rusty stuff would be more realistic anyway. I want to put some relics to fit the period also like a pottery SRD rum jug and touches like that. I could ramble on and on but I think you get the picture. Slickrick has provided me with some pictures from European museums and I want to do it like some of them. Best my friend........Dano

With exception of some well placed corrugated tin, and better shelving priject bunker is complete. I have more than doubled my display space and when inside the feel of war just reeks about. Here are 5 shots inside of bunker/trench...Dano

Very immpresive there Dano
This is a realy good way of displaying the collection and only wish i had more space to show things properly:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Best phil

metamorphysis

Thanks Phil, but this is no more than a work in progress, slickrick sent me some WWI bunker pics from blighty that gave me ideas that are just 2 cool to comprehend. There will be some mind blowin' changes and may never be done. Paper mache is a schoolboy thing, but may be rekindling those memories. Thats all till I get started and I think I can do some realism beyond this...stay up with me ...Dano

Falcon

In addition to the pictured sites, got to see the Royal Navy Sub Museum, Bovington Tank Museum, RAF Cosford, a super day riding around the countryside in a Triumph Spitfire, Blenheim Palace, Warwick Castle, RAF Lyneham's Family Day(the Vulcan pic), Belieu(sp?) Car Museum, Stonehenge, Avebury, the oldest village in England (Biebury?), an afternoon flight around Lyneham, and a three dayer in Caen, France, hitting all the D-Day beaches and too many museums to count. Ended up with 1988 pics on the digital camera.

I'm sure I've left a couple things out. Will be posting some other pics when the editing is done.

Sounds like you had a good trip then. If I would have know earlier that you were coming I could have met up with you somewhere.