What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

project next GRZ 14 n/A

The fuze on the left will be my next project. It came from another BOCN member (thanks Richard). It is German WW1 GRZ 14 n/A. it is a relic but repair will be addition of bondo and sanding/painting on top portion to get it looking better. The other purpose was to tune the macro setting on my camera and by George I think I got it. Funny how one can forget the basics........Dano

Attachments

• Picture 650.jpg
    Picture 650.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 42
stage 2

Well, I have started work on my German WWI GRZ14 n/A fuze. The big problem area was the rusted away nose cap as it is made of iron and had rusted away quite a bit. I am doing this in stages and here is where i'm at right now. First I gave it a good cleaning, then filled the rusted away area with "fill light". I now have it rough sanded and it is starting to take form. If you look at the photo in the first post of this thread you can see just how much had corroded away. Basicly now I have to finish sand the affected area, feather it in, then paint the tip black. I know in a recent thread I had gone into whether or not to even restore a piece. This is a cool enough fuze in my estimation that I decided to make it a complete relic instead of a partial relic. This one is going in my collection so I want it to look somewhat presentable. This is the first GRZ14 n/A i've had and it was given to me by a fellow BOCN member (many thanks Richard). I hope it will eventually make the front row. Will re-post when done.........Dano

Attachments

• Picture 673.jpg
    Picture 673.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 20
finished

Well I finished the German WWI GRZ14 n/A and am pleased with the result. I did the finish sanding and painted the iron/filler upper cone black. Keep in mind it is a "relic" fuze and I was not looking for perfection, but instead a finished complete relic condition displayable fuze. To that end I feel I did okay. It is on the shelf and looks right at home amid my other WWI German relic fuzes. Next project will be a Dopp Z15 which will need old filler removal and I will need to come up with a way to replicate the original Dopp 15 stamping. This one will require a bit more time and loads of fortitude..........Dano

Attachments

• Picture 674.jpg
    Picture 674.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 34
hi dano,
i must say that I think that the "missing" steel part you filled with epoxy or whatever is not missing. The cap of the Gr.Z 14 really makes this kinda stage to the brass part. there is definitely a cylindric part. What you did is more the cap type of the Gr.Z.04 patterns. I have one somewhere, must find and can send a pic if needed.

regards
nudelmannrichter

Hi Dano

i gues what Nudelmannrichter want to say you can see here dano there are a little cylindric part on the cap !

wbr David

Attachments

• P1010093.jpg
    P1010093.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 13
  • P1010094.jpg
    P1010094.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 18
drawing

Dear dano give me some 30 min i will make for you a Auto cad drawing !

wbr David

Auto CAD

Dear Dano find enclosed the auto cad drawings of the top part of Grz.14.n.A

wbr David

Attachments

• Grz.14.n.A.pdf
    8 KB · Views: 31
Did a little rework, still more to go but I think I am getting the general shape...Dano

Attachments

• Picture 927.jpg
    Picture 927.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited: