What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Projectile cross sectional diagrams

bdgreen

Click on the following link which takes you to a PDF of Report No. 620 by the Ballistics Research Labarotories on the Aerodynamics of Spinning Projectiles; while it is very technical there are many good drawings of US projectiles in use or being tested in 1947. The link is:http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=AD0800469

It may take a short while to down load.

Brian

Hi Bdgreen,
Have added this to my pile for reading, a very interesting link many thanks for posting.
Best regards Weasel.

Thanks to everyone for the positive feedback. I stumbled across the link by accident while search for something else during my lunch break. I havent had time yet to really digest what all is covered in the report. And until I came across this link I knew nothing of the Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC) web site. It is surprising what one can find on the internet!

Brian