What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Proximity Fuze

Chris

Ordnance approved
Found this proximity fuze and after cleaning it was marked: T74E6
Can't find any documentation about it maybe someone on the forum can tell more about it.

Regards,

Chris

Attachments

• T74 E6.jpg
    T74 E6.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 66
All I know about it ...

Used with M71, 90-MM, HE projectile and has a MK 44 MOD 0 Aux Det on them. Outside of that ... not much.

Joe

Chris,

The attached is from an article that discusses the danger to operators of geophys kit in areas where VT fuzed UXOs might reside. PM your email address if you want a copy. It is not strong on ammo tech info but as you can see has snippets on the T74 - just another 1,468,471 to locate.

fuze_em PROXIMITY FUZES 34.jpg

I wonder if that hazard includes all metals locators like the White, etc. Most produce a signal or field that might interact with the electronics inside the fuze. Thanks for posting that. Never thought of it but now that it's brought to light, it's readily apparent. Thanks, Bruce.

Thank all for the information. I thought I had something special.
As far as I no this is THE first found in Holland.
I will keep a look out for all the other ones.

Chris