What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question About B1 Fuze.

Grenademan2005

Hi:
I have a B1 bomb dated G for 1935 with a "Tilebreaker" fuze AZ13A with a J meaning 1937 in the letters/years German code, is this possible? In what year the Tilebreaker fuzes were started to use?

Attachments

• B1 1.jpg
    B1 1.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 14
  • B1 2.jpg
    B1 2.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 9
  • B1 3.jpg
    B1 3.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 8
  • B1 4.jpg
    B1 4.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 12
  • B1 5.jpg
    B1 5.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 9
Could be just a mix of old stock put together to make the weapon up for use?
Nice example Mig. :)

best

waff

Yes, it could be. But I want to know if the J is the date of the fuze and what type of fuze is, because in my other two B1 I have the AZ8312*

Hi Miguel,

I cant find any definate answer to the date the type 13 was introduced but a quick look through the book 'German Airdropped Weapons to 1945' reveals that the 1.3kg were dropped over Warsaw in September 1939 - so obviously developed prior to this date. not conclusive, but may help a little.

The 13 fuze is identical, just made from Steel for better penetration of buildings - hence 'Tilebreaker' - this also increased the weight of the incendiary from 1kg to 1.3 kg

(not sure about the 'J' marking though?? - cant help you with that one, it could be for something else other than date)

regards Kev

Last edited:
Here are pics of my other two fuzes, look 36 and K are in the same place than J, for this I think J is the date, so if we can find year of introducing of the heavier fuze we would have the answer Im looking for.

Attachments

• B1 1936 1.jpg
    B1 1936 1.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 9
  • B1 1936 2.jpg
    B1 1936 2.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 7
  • B1 K-G 1.jpg
    B1 K-G 1.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 10
  • B1 K-G 2.jpg
    B1 K-G 2.jpg