What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about british P08 webbing set !

Dave83

Dear All

i bough an british p08 replicated webbing set to display an uniform
now i found a arangement on it for any kind of tool or something else can anyone help me out for it with an information or picture on it !!
attached a picture of the arangement on the webbing set !!
i gues its for an wire cutter or n entrenching tool !

thanks in advance

wbr david

Attachments

• P1000293.JPG
    P1000293.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 24
Hi bud,

i think you will get much more help on the Great War Forum. They have loads of people on there who will be better able to help you.

Andy

Hi David do the 2 straps hang from the bayonet frog? if so there for the entrenching tool handle ,regards Dave

Hi David do the 2 straps hang from the bayonet frog? if so there for the entrenching tool handle ,regards Dave

yes right big dave there are hanging from the bajonet frog !
But how this entrenching tool handle will sit in it ??

thanks

wbr David

Hi Dave this is how it should look.
Andy

Attachments

• My Bayonets.jpg
    My Bayonets.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Hi Dave the handle is fatter at one end so the thinner end goes down through the loops and the thicker end stops it falling through ,if i remember rightly a lot were cut off as the soldiers found them a nuisance hanging around their legs

thanks to all of you for your help

Thanks to all of you for your fast help now it is clear for me what will fit inside i never saw such a handle for sale !
And another question where was the other part of the entrenching tool was stored ??

thanks again

wbr David

Hi Dave it was stored in a webbing bag fixed at the back.
Andy

Attachments

• 08 Webbing  kit.jpg
    08 Webbing kit.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 19