What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

question about F1

doc's .....

"Modele 1915 f1"
in Russian manual "Model 1915 F.1."....

Eugene.

Attachments

• modelle 1915 f1.jpg
    modelle 1915 f1.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 17
  • from russian manual.jpg
    from russian manual.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Yep! I'm at a deadlock too now.

Fusante, Fragmentation, Form, Fabrique #1.... WHERE IS A TRUTH!?

:)

p.s.
To be or not to be.....
Many peoples many opinion's.

Need the historical expert- archivist.

Eugene.

Eugene, I'm very happy I answered your first post #1 asking this question.

It started a good thread that went in a circle to the start again. :tinysmile_angry_t:

Maybe we should call them the FFFF-1 grenades like you say........
Fusante, Fragmentation, Form, Fabrique #1

The answer (from comrades of a french WW1 forum)

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1241/numrisation0229.jpg

numrisation0229.jpg

Well ... Fusante version is won now.
And now.. What the meaning is "Fusante" on english and russian languages!?

Thanks KZ11gr!!!!!

Eugene.

What is that Russian F1? I have never seen a fuze like that with a "pull string"
It's an older F1 with the filler plug.

This grenade had an impact fuze with striker and poll string.....
I've never seen the such fuze au naturel.

French comrade's help us...

Eugene.

more FUSANTE....

From Franco-Russian dictionary word "Fusant" have a literal meaning - mil. time-delay.

Attachments

• fusante 1915.jpg
    fusante 1915.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Well ... Fusante version is won now.
And now.. What the meaning is "Fusante" on english and russian languages!?

Eugene.

Fusant means that something burns slowly before explosion. Generaly black pownder .

for example : obus fusant = time fuze for the schapnell ....

for the hand grenades, the system strikes a primer which ignites black pownder , and 5 seconds later ... explosion.
perhaps "fusant" can be translated by "fusing" ??

regards

Fusant means that something burns slowly before explosion. Generaly black pownder .

for example : obus fusant = time fuze for the schapnell ....

for the hand grenades, the system strikes a primer which ignites black pownder , and 5 seconds later ... explosion.
perhaps "fusant" can be translated by "fusing" ??

regards

Yes, I think it was said earlier, fusante means "fused" or "fusing"

Regards

:D

Last edited:
I can't understand word "Fusante" - it's meaning what the grenade fitted with fuze? But how about old (early) grenades with impact, friction, fuzes?
I think it is impossible to consider the primary name of this grenade as "F1", it's wrong. Will be true if it to name "Model 1915 fusante #1", so I think.
The matter is that later the name have simplified in use and the name beginning have shorte, naming that grenade simple as "F1".

I can't understand word "Fusante" - it's meaning what the grenade fitted with fuze? But how about old (early) grenades with impact, friction, fuzes?
I think it is impossible to consider the primary name of this grenade as "F1", it's wrong. Will be true if it to name "Model 1915 fusante #1", so I think.
The matter is that later the name have simplified in use and the name beginning have shorte, naming that grenade simple as "F1".

Jhonni, like I said a few days before, the original denomination for the F1 is "Grenade Dfensive Fusante #1" , later shortened to F1.

The closest translation for Fusante in English is "equipped with an automatic timed fuze"

Jhonni, like I said a few days before, the original denomination for the F1 is "Grenade Dfensive Fusante #1" , later shortened to F1.

The closest translation for Fusante in English is "equipped with an automatic timed fuze"

But the first model of grenade "M1915 F1" hadn't automatic fuze.

So let's sum up.

1. "Fusante" - is a fitted with fuze grenade.
2. The correct name of grenade "F1" is "Grenade model 1915 fusante #1".
3. Name "F1" is a short-cut and not correct (was a few variety of grenades "F1" with different fuzes and different form's of bodies).
4. The modern name of grenade "F1" this is a military slangy, got in due course and applied to all hand grenades with such body.

So it will be right?

Eugene.

Where is an ULTIMA RATIO dear colleagues?! :)
It's all right in my conclusion? :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk66CpMZti8[/ame]
Great song...

Eugene.

Last edited: