What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about mail.

waffenamt

Im off out to a job now,so i shall leave you with a question regarding mailing parcels to other countries.

I am hoping to stop using Royal Mail as there is too much hassle involved along with other issues i cannot type here in case i get a lawsuit against me(no offence to my mate AndyD! :p)

After recieving that smashing case yesterday via the couriers known as DPD,i wish to send items worldwide using their service.
Ive been on their website and i cant seem to find an easy way of 'how to'.?

I mean,do i pack the thing as usual and get them to pick it up?,or do i leave package unwrapped until they inspect it? etc,etc.
Over to you boys,will pop in when im back.

chers

waff

Last edited:
Lately Royal Mail has been great. I recently did a trade with a member in England and his stuff got here in a few days and my stuff got there in a few days as well. Where I am now having great difficulty is mailing anything to Germany. I've been trying to get a simple repro hose to Germany for a few months now, first time it came back as undeliverable, now it's been weeks and pkg still not there. Mind you Germany used to be a "piece of cake" as far as sending stuff in.........Dano

Lately Royal Mail has been great. I recently did a trade with a member in England and his stuff got here in a few days and my stuff got there in a few days as well. Where I am now having great difficulty is mailing anything to Germany. I've been trying to get a simple repro hose to Germany for a few months now, first time it came back as undeliverable, now it's been weeks and pkg still not there. Mind you Germany used to be a "piece of cake" as far as sending stuff in.........Dano

Not a debate really about RM old pal:tinysmile_hmm_t:,Im looking for the procedures on how to deal with private couriers?
Do i ring them up and they come and collect etc..

cheers

waff

you can ring their customer service or talk to someone online during the daytime. you dont have to have an account. they will email you the relevant documentation and come and collect the parcel from your doorstep. i had no problem posting some inert grens with them.:tinysmile_grin_t:

you can ring their customer service or talk to someone online during the daytime. you dont have to have an account. they will email you the relevant documentation and come and collect the parcel from your doorstep. i had no problem posting some inert grens with them.:tinysmile_grin_t:

Rightyo,happy days!
So to sum up,i just wrap the items as normal,get it weighed and wait for collection? No need for them to see what is inside?,eg inert grenades etc?

cheers

waff

you have to fill in a detailed list of contents. then hand it to the
driver on collection.:tinysmile_twink_t: they never open them to check whats in them.

Last edited: