What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

question about marking

jhonni \

What is a country?
What do you think?
Thanks.

Attachments

• grenade_question_F1.jpg
    grenade_question_F1.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 82
and more question

108805295.jpg

Who is producer?
Marking on body "UV". French type body and French fuse "Mle1935"....
:eek:oh:

The second picture is a M31 Polish fragmentation grenade. No other specifics from my sources. The first picture looks like a Warsaw Pact country's F-1 to which they all are from the same design. It has the proper Koveshnikov fuze to it also. Do me a favor, can you unscrew the fuse from the body, if so go a head and see if you can find anykind of number just above the detonator and the screw on portion of the fuze.

If it says a number, let me know what it is.

V-40

- First grenade was find on WW2 battlefields in Russia (Novgorod region of Russia).
Koveshnikovs fuse not from this grenade body. Body was find without fuse. So marking on body "cross" not Russian.

- No guys, it's not Polish grenade M31. (polish not had M31 grenade never - only wz.O.23 and wz.O.33 defensive grenades and other F-1 type) Polish don't produced four bricks bodies of grenade (five or more only). Fuse with "AEM" marking is an original French Mle1935 fuse. The Polish fuse marking is - "wz.GR31" . Bodies manufactured in France for the most part was used in 1921 year (Polish-Russian war in 1921). I think is a French grenade but I don't know producers name.

Notice: If you wanna know more about Polish grenades read book by DarrylW.Lynn "Recognition manual. Warsaw pact Vol.3" and look Polish websites.

Thanks!
Jhonni. (Evgeny)
;)

Hello Konrad!
I'm very glad to see you!
Your help may be an useful!
------------------------------------- !

Polish Colours

We know that is not a body and a fuze from Polish, but I was referring to the color scheme, you do not believe it is Polish?

Hi Evgenij !
I gladd that I see You :tinysmile_grin_t:

We know that is not a body and a fuze from Polish, but I was referring to the color scheme, you do not believe it is Polish?

Color scheme...
Red stripe on Polish grenade marks training version, but sign UV not Polish, V.43 in fuze also not Polish.
My opinion - this is Romanian grenade.

[/QUOTE] My opinion - this is Romanian grenade.[/QUOTE]

It's good idea as a version Konrad.
Romanians bought a fuses from Poland before WW2....and
all these grenades was find in Krasnodarsky edge only.

What is a country?
What do you think?
Thanks.

Up the old theme! :)

Look at this grenade marking and look at this plane from French regiment "Normandia Neman"....

:)

Cheers!

Eugene

Attachments

• Normandia Neman.jpg
    Normandia Neman.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 34
  • grenade_question_F1_23.jpg
    grenade_question_F1_23.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I think that is Romanian
In my collection shall I several found on battlefield where Romanian forces
I'm sorry my English

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 36
Fully French

Looks similar to the French "Cross of Lorraine", I doubt about Romanian. By the way, what a mystery are the Romanian hand grenades...

Attachments

• imagesCA5XHHXY.jpg
    imagesCA5XHHXY.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 7
  • franz_Samml_2009-10-04.JPG
    franz_Samml_2009-10-04.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
and more question

108805295.jpg

Who is producer?
Marking on body "UV". French type body and French fuse "Mle1935"....
:eek:oh:

Hello guys!
A secret about F-1 with red stripe, marking "U.V." and with fuse like as a Polish, was cracked!
This is a Romanian grenade from state Victoria - "Ucea Victoria" Chemical factory....

read at this:

Victoria is a town in the western part of BraЕџov County. It had a population of 9,059 at the 2002 census.
In 1939, the Romanian state signed a contract with the German company Ferrostaal of Essen.
The building of the town began in 1949 and it had the provisional names of "Colonia Ucea" and "Ucea Roşie" (Red Ucea), only to be changed in November 1954 to Victoria.

Uzina de Victoria (Uzina de "Combinatul Chimic Victoria”), U.V.

P.S. This secret was cracked by my friend from Krasnodarski area in Russia!

Cheers!
:)

Eugene.

Last edited:
The first grenade looks an awful lot like a USSR Grenade Hand Frag Mk F.

The second one can't be the Polsh grenade, this one has 4 blocks and the Polish one has 5. The fuze is very similar though. The second grenade is a French Grenade Hand Frag Mdle 1915 F1. This grenade definitely used the fuze Mdle 1935.

I can't verify the colour schemes.

My source is ORDATA II.

Red Stripe

I Find some info about the grenade with red stripe. The riomanian bought some grenades from polish, and they called them Defensive and Offensive grenades "MAN Mod.1939"

Attachments

• MAN 1939 Dif.jpg
    MAN 1939 Dif.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 18
  • MAN 1939 Off.jpg
    MAN 1939 Off.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 13
I wish i had made time now to visit the museum in Bucharest,Romania a few weeks ago.
I bet they have a few in there!

best

waff