What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Questions regarding MK2 frag + pressure switch

ToxicGas

Hi, I just joined this site today. My name's Mat, I'm 17 and I have a great interest in military history. I collect weapons and militaria, including grenades... so far I have 4 and I'm only just getting started. I'm intending to learn a lot more about all of this, so here I am.

Now here's some questions I need some help with, if anyone could answer them I'd greatly appreciate it. Is the paint on the grenade pictured original? And if so, does the lack of a yellow band mean that this grenade did not contain high-explosive filler? And finally, is a pressure switch such as this fused to detonate instantly?

Thanks!

Attachments

• grenadepressure.jpg
    grenadepressure.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 22
  • grenadepressure2.jpg
    grenadepressure2.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 16
  • grenadepressure3.jpg
    grenadepressure3.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 12
Mkii

Hi Matt, Welcome to Bocn, your MKII is repainted and fused with an "instant light" booby trao type fuse. Very nice and interesting MKII to say the least. You've a ton of collecting years left and off to a good start. Regards..Dano Here is a web-site you should find of great value in grenade collecting
http://inert-ord.net

Last edited: