What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rare early fuze

Fuzeman

A nice early German brass (5) fuze
these brass fuzes are getting harder to obtain nowadays made of brass they are extremely heavy , this the original number (5) later brass ones were found the delay was too long so they were returned to the factory ! Rheinmetall Sommerda factory and the 5 was starred out and(28) stamped .also to save on brass the charging pins on the reworked one were replaced with tin or steel pins like the. Wartime versions .
these were probably used in the Spanish war as there were none recorded as being found in the U.K. to my knowledge .

Attachments

• IMG_7699.jpeg
    IMG_7699.jpeg
    979.6 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_7697.jpeg
    IMG_7697.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_7698.jpeg
    IMG_7698.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 41
Hi Fuzeman or Co.
Has anyone seen or has a preserved piece marked with a smaller 5 in a circle, i.e. 4, 3, 2, 1?
I guess they didn't start the type with the number 5...
And if so, why?
Akon

Hi Fuzeman or Co.
Has anyone seen or has a preserved piece marked with a smaller 5 in a circle, i.e. 4, 3, 2, 1?
I guess they didn't start the type with the number 5...
And if so, why?
Akon
Hi these stamping were of a standard size stamp , I’ve not heard or seen evidence of smaller stamping before !

A nice early German brass (5) fuze
these brass fuzes are getting harder to obtain nowadays made of brass they are extremely heavy , this the original number (5) later brass ones were found the delay was too long so they were returned to the factory ! Rheinmetall Sommerda factory and the 5 was starred out and(28) stamped .also to save on brass the charging pins on the reworked one were replaced with tin or steel pins like the. Wartime versions .
these were probably used in the Spanish war as there were none recorded as being found in the U.K. to my knowledge .
hi i have found 3 brass elaz in France many years ago (Ammo dump).