What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reigal mine 43

BMG50

Premium Member
Anyone out there with a German Reigal mine 43 in there collection so i can quiz them about measurements and sizes. I have the basic sizes as shown but would like more if possible. Not sure if any museums in the south(UK) would have an example.

Attachments

• riegel43_200.jpg
    riegel43_200.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 57
Chris
There is one at the Royal Engineers museum in Chatham , but would not be possible to be able to take measurements from it.
The details i have from illutrated record of German Army Eequipment is the following
Length 2 Ft 7 9/16 inches
width 3 1/2 inches
height 3 13/16 inches
Main filling was amatol 50/50 and around each igniter socket were PETN/wax pellets
main Igniters used were ZZ42
firing pressure was 200-400Kg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Chris,
Get in touch with member `engineer` as im sure he knows his stuff with this sort of ordnance.
btw
Please give him my regards too!:tinysmile_shy_t:

best

waff

Hi,
I find two R.Mi.43 in old trench in poland four years ago (Battlefield from 1945r), unfortunately in bad condition. One of them still wait for restoration.
Unfortunately, only foto what I have here, I can't show you.
(rules of forum-live ammo).
When I back home in summer, I make new foto's.

Regards.

Thanks Steve for the info just needed a bit more on the height of the lid and the bottom box. I believe that this mine had a red line painted along the bottom box so if the lid was past this line it indicated that the mine was in a dangerous condition to be defused or lifted for re-use. I saw the Rigal on SA, although it looks sound it looks as if its more of a relic as its a water find so the seller mentions. Not sure if Bovington has one or it may be a trip to the IWM. I will also give Engineer a try.

Hi,

have one of this babies in my collection :tinysmile_grin_t:

Cheers

engineer

Attachments

• 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 99
  • 1b.JPG
    1b.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 91
Hi Chris
The important Red line round the tray, showing the correct position for the lid , when the mine was armed
From the source quoted earlier

Steve

I have some engineer notes from the war that mention about the red line to see if the mine is in a dangerous state.

Hi there,

here the measures of the Riegelmine 43
bottom case: length = 798 mm, width = 92 mm, height = 53 mm
upper case (lid). length = 805mm, width = 98 mm, height = 63 mm

The red line around the tray indicates that the mine still is in an unstressed condition. Should by clearing the mine the red line (partly) be unvisible: extremely dangerous! Mine must blown up.

Cheers

engineer

Re Riegel RMi 43

I've attached some information on the Riegel RMi 43 you may have this but it might help. Wonder why we took so long to develop the "Bar Mine?" The Japanese even had the Yard Stick Mine.

Walk Slow and Drink Lots of Tea, John

Attachments

• RMi 43.jpg
    RMi 43.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 68
  • 43 RMi.jpg
    43 RMi.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 69
Hi,
some fotos of my R.Mi.43 "body" - unfortunately in bad condition.
Restoration work still in process :)

Regards.

Attachments

• bcb0e27a3a23d519.jpg
    bcb0e27a3a23d519.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 3df2e6a528e3ca40.jpg
    3df2e6a528e3ca40.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 69321bbee8dbc7c8.jpg
    69321bbee8dbc7c8.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 38