What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Relic Soviet Shell?

Brian Keith

Here is an unfired, relic condition shell policed up during a cleanup in Afghanistan. Some of the damage appears to have been from fire. It seems to be about 75-76mm, length is just under 12 inches without a fuze. Im sure just about everyone knows there is a tremendous amount of UXO here. I heard about an old Soviet aerial bomb recently uncovered in a rainstorm. Of course, EOD dealt with it. I thought some of you might like to see this before it gets scrapped. I am guessing Soviet origin, but that is just speculation on mypart. I find no markings on the rotating band. I certainly dont mess with this type of thing, but it had already been found and ready for disposal even before I saw it in the rubbish truck. It is clear with no fuze, empty cavity and firedamage, it is now inert. MSG BKW

P8170620.jpgP8170625.jpgP8170630.jpgP8170632.jpg