What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Respecting others collections

When it comes to ordnance collecting or any other collection for that matter, never lose sight on just the fortitude it takes to put together any collection. I never lose sight on just what it takes to put one together. Some of the finest collections i've seen are put together with what one may call moderate pieces. A nicely put together set of common pieces can be as if not more so intrigueing than a set of so called finer stuff. Never "blow boogers" on something that might not be up your collecting alley. For instance one of the finer collections I have ever seen was put together with nothing more than m1917 German WW1 egg grenade variants. My collection is put togrther with a plethora of common to semi rare WW1 pieces but I am proud of it just the same. I will be adding 3 rare pieces in near future to add balance but I had to think long and hard to cough up the bucks to do so. Bottom line, collections can be made from versitilaty as well as rarity. Always respect what others collect and try to never lose sight of what got us here in the first place. One mans trash, anothers treasure. Respect is the name of the game and my main point is that a fine collection can be built on a shoestring budget. My 2 cents worth...Dano

Last edited:
Nicely put Dan! "One man's trash is another man's treasure" -> these are words I have lived by my whole life!

J

Well put Dano.
Watching your trials and tribulations in the short time I've been here I've really come to apprreciate what some guys with our affliction do for their collections.
Oh how nice it must be to just go out and buy up all the high priced stuff you want without caring about the price.
Although WW1 ordnance is not my bag (at this time anyways) I do have a couple m1917 eggs as they fit well into the "mini" part of my collection.
I DO however enjoy watching as you acquire new pieces and so admire your fortitude as you rebuild.
Keep up the great work Son!