What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

restoring 120mm Chieftain practice projectile

Thanks i think its british ? 27G TP DM 28 rest missing....... small print near drive band is 27G DM28 DM1315 LOT RG-50-086

cheers ken

Last edited:
Hi Ken,
yes it is the British one (Radway Green),the missing part is(on mine) LOT MW-51-6-X, I have both the early,duck egg blue,and later darker blue Adens,one tip if you are going to be restoring an early one is the duck egg blue is the same colour the military used to paint engines with!

Cheers
Tony

Hi Ken,
here are the photos,the right hand Aden is the early one,not sure when they changed to the darker blue,but from the ones I have,1964 is the latest date I have for the 'duck egg blue'

Cheers
Tony

P2040003.jpgP2040004.jpg

Last edited:
Nice one Tony i appreciate all your help and input , i didnt know about the dates and color changes the 2 Adens i have are dated 1988 1979 and an unpainted one with the removable nose cone in super fired condition 1988, think i will leave this one kinda like the way it is ...so would they be classed as later in the paint not sure how accurate my paint is ? share a secret with you does'nt help when your color blind ,bloody knightmare when you ask family is this ok , they would say yes anyway !! :tinysmile_grin_t: thats a nice 27mm you got still crimped in place my drive band has been painted ? unfired projectile thought should i remove the paint from the band .

cheers ken

Hi Ken
Another photo of the Aden Colour Changes
Harry

Attachments

• 30 x 113B ADEN HV Photo 01 Projectiles.JPG
    30 x 113B ADEN HV Photo 01 Projectiles.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 30 x 113B ADEN HV Photo 02 Projectiles.JPG
    30 x 113B ADEN HV Photo 02 Projectiles.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 7
Hi again does anyone know if aden TP and i take it the black ones are HE ? did they have stencils markings of any sort ?

thanks ken