What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restoring L1A3

Stray

I'm restoring an L1A3 rocket tube. I figured some of you out there would appreciate seeing the "insides". I'm using the back end from a later canadian model, so I had to take it apart and modify it to shorten to the other model's size (unfortunately it will also mean the back sight cover will be wider than the original). I am looking for the "endcaps" for the L1A3 so if anyone knows where I can find replacement ones I'm all ears.

Thanks.
DSC03600.JPGDSC03601.JPGDSC03608.JPGDSC03609.JPGDSC03617.JPGsight.jpg
DSC03596.JPGDSC03598.JPGDSC03599.JPG

I'll post pics and maybe link a vid when she is complete in the restoration section, This thread is simply for people to see how the Laws work, by opening one up rather than just having a cutaway.

Feel free to ask any questions about it, I'll try to answer them quickly.

Last edited:
look forward to seeing this completed ,i did a cutaway a couple of years ago which i had to sell on,and not been able to find one since