What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RFI: V46 Frag Grenade

Eodtek

Premium/Ordnance Approved
Ordnance approved
Does anyone have any photos or tech info on the Dutch V46 fragmentation grenade? Also looking for good photos of the fuze and info on any other items where that fuze is used. Thanks,Mike

It was the MN-45, thought the practice was sometimes called the MN-46, much as the V-40 practice was sometimes called the V-41 practice.
I don't think I've ever seen any documentation, but I've got a couple of minor variations plus some body manufacturing failures. I think it's the same fuze as the V40, but will need to look closely to be sure. If I recall correctly the V60 uses a larger fuze.

The only things I've seen with this size fuze are the MN-45, the V-40, the V-40 attached to the rifle grenade adapter and the red plastic body which I was told for years was a CS variant, but in the last year or so somebody was saying that it was a diver signal grenade. I've never seen any documentation either way but I have a couple of variations of that as well. Let me know what you need photos of and how high the resolution/image size.