What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RGD-33 Training Grenade>>Help Needed

Kilroy was Here

Hi, here is pictures of a Soviet RGD-33 training grenade I just received . I have not seen this type before. I have seen this exact same maker mark before....it is also on a Soviet wrist compass I have. I believe it is Soviet Red Army factory #1. Not sure How to pronounce the name. Maybe Eugene, or some of our other russian friends will be able tell me :wink:

My seller friend said it was missing some type of spring in the handle, I do not know which spring.
I have never seen a manual or diagram or this grenade. Does anyone have this grenade in a manual or book, and how they were these used, and what type of fuzes and delay, spotter charge or other?

Regards, Steve
"Dr.Ruby"

Attachments

• IMG_5165.jpg
    IMG_5165.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_5164.jpg
    IMG_5164.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_5166.jpg
    IMG_5166.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5168.jpg
    IMG_5168.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 30
  • SovietCompass.jpg
    SovietCompass.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Hey:
I have one of these too. They are very rare Man, your Eastern Source is very interesting.... Mine is exactly marked like yours. As Paul answered first I will wait until he post his one for post mine. The only thing missing in yours is the striker pin I dont know if another internal part missing as I cant dismount mine, but with the link from Chris I cant see another part mising. But as I said before these practice RGD are very rare.

Last edited:
Heres my one stripped down.
You remove the screw, push the small slide over to the right and remove then uscrew the bottom of the handle and remove the inners.
cheers, paul.

Attachments

• rgd practice.jpg
    rgd practice.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 33
Have a look at this link.
There's a manual about the RGD-33 practice the only problem is that it's in Russian.

Regards,
Chris

Hi Chris, thank you for the link to the diagram. Ahhh, I see now how they worked. This is a very interesting training grenade. I will have this translated also by my friend.

Regards, Steve
"Dr. Ruby"

Heres my one stripped down.
You remove the screw, push the small slide over to the right and remove then uscrew the bottom of the handle and remove the inners.
cheers, paul.

Nice grenade, thanks for pic and info Paul. Does yours also have the same factory maker mark and date on the head?

Regards, Steve

hi steve.
mine has the same stamp but is dated 1940. i'll be interested in a translation if you get it done.
cheers, paul.

Hello:
Nice work Paul, I tried to do the same with mine, but I cant do it, all the parts are moving and the screws too, but I cant find the way. Never mind. Which is missing from Steves one is the striker.

Latvian girls are very pretty, Steve.... :nerd:

WAIT A MOMENT! Maybe it is screwed on the wrong way. Try to unscrew this part Steve, I bet pin is at the other side.

Attachments

• Ruby.jpg
    Ruby.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 22
WAIT A MOMENT! Maybe it is screwed on the wrong way. Try to unscrew this part Steve, I bet pin is at the other side.

Hi Miguel, OK, Thanks for this. When I get a chance, I will try this. You mean the center tube part with the threads, or the part that has the 2 flat spots?

It is too bad the striker is gone, I thought it was missing, but did not know for sure. I do not think I will see one of those around. It's nice to have all the parts as you know.

Regards, Steve

I know a Latvian girl who deal with relics, I bought her sometimes, would be incredible it was the same girl!!!!! I mean the little center tube with threads. And as I said before this is a very rare grenade. You are lucky on have it.

I know a Latvian girl who deal with relics, I bought her sometimes, would be incredible it was the same girl!!!!! I mean the little center tube with threads. And as I said before this is a very rare grenade. You are lucky on have it.

Hi Miguel....No, she says she does not know you.....and doesn't want to :D

Regards, Steve :) :wink: