What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RGD-5 in section

Fragman

Ordnance Approved
Ordnance approved
Hi, Ive just brought an RGD-5 in section in need of restoration. Im taking the opportunity to rework the type of sectioning, to expose more of the fragmentation cups. Ive exposed an internal section of the cups and was surprised to see they are not segmented. Are the outsides of the cups segmented? Cheers Colin

If you want you may download a russian manual of grenade RGD-5 by my link
[ame]http://rapidshare.com/files/181054172/NSD1965.ZIP[/ame]
;)
Classical russian RGD-5 have a two cups into the body (on top and below).
May be your grenade from other country....

Hi, Great manual. Thanks very much:tinysmile_shy_t: The grenade I'm reworking does have the two cups inside. They are smooth on the inside and I am wondering if they are notched on the outside. If they are, I'll cut some of the outer shell off and expose the exterior of the fragmentation cups. However, if the outside is smooth as well, I won't bother. Have you seen the cups removed from the body? Cheers Colin

Ya know, that's a great idea. I've passed up a few sectioned grenades because of their shabby appearance. Never thought of restoring them. What a dummy. As an old model builder it should be fun!
Gotta love this site.
You do too?
Show your support... http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/bocn-patches-buy-t62573.html

food-smiley-004.gif

CHEERS to the BOCN!!!

Hi Eugene. Well done!! Thanks for the great photo, its answered all of my questions. Jolly Green, you are right the Internet/BOCN has changed whats possible. Thanks again. Colin

Hi Eugene and Erhard. Thanks for your help with this project. I’m happy with the way it turned out and it was interesting to do. Cheers Colin

Attachments

• rgd5 all.jpg
    rgd5 all.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 44
Last edited: