What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rifling 2 pounder tank to 2 pounder Naval

BMG50

Premium Member
I was thinking about re banding my 2 Pounder HV naval round with missing copper band with a band from a rusted out relic from a 2 Pounder practice or AP tank round. my question would be, do the two guns produce the same rifling marks or is the rifling different between a tank barrel compared to a Naval gun

according to Hogg: 2pr atk and 2pr naval both12 grooves RH 1/30. not sure how you would get the old band back on the 'new' projectile unless you machine the base down and then make a sleeve to fit back on replacing the metal taken off. Me I'd reband with copper tube straight on the naval.

So they are the same. that's good to know. I was going to fine slit a band on a relic rusted out round with good rifling marks and solder the cut edges crimp the band in place matching up the wave line on the projectile and solder in place. As you said the other option is to re-band with a copper tube and may be swage the band in place. Do you know where i can get suitable copper tube or any ideas to rob something that would be suitable.