What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rkg-3e(m)

jhonni \

Attachments

• RKG-3 INERT.jpg
    RKG-3 INERT.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 127
  • RKG-3 INERT cutaway.jpg
    RKG-3 INERT cutaway.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 149
  • warhead RKG-3 INERT.jpg
    warhead RKG-3 INERT.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 106
  • soldiers with RKG-3EM.jpg
    soldiers with RKG-3EM.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 101
Notice: RKG-3E and RKG-3EM is a streamlined variant of RKG-3 grenade and have cumulative coppery funnel.

jhonni \,

Those RKG's were found in use by the NVA & VC in Vietnam. They are still being used in IRAQ and Afghanistan. They also make great booby-Traps too if you know how to do it properly:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Here some more.
The black one in the first pic on the right is the UPG-8 Training Grenade with the noise charge ( that looks like a shootshell ) beside.

Attachments

• RKG-3.jpg
    RKG-3.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 75
  • RKG-3 Schnitte.jpg
    RKG-3 Schnitte.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 71
jhonni \,

Those RKG's were found in use by the NVA & VC in Vietnam. They are still being used in IRAQ and Afghanistan. They also make great booby-Traps too if you know how to do it properly:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

they are still being used by EOD techs to low order heavy weight UXBs by shooting from 2-4 meters distance.

they are still being used by EOD techs to low order heavy weight UXBs by shooting from 2-4 meters distance.

Al'saad,

Have you seen one used as a Booby-Trap where you are?

MT-LB,

Are any of those for sale?

My friend Boris Pribilov was in Yugoslavia as a sapper (EOD) 2001 year!!!
And he was in Croatia (in 1999) ....
:)

+++

[ame="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7crpa_compilation-rkg3-in-iraq_news"]Dailymotion - compilation RKG-3 in iraq - a Nachrichten & Politik video@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x7crpa@@AMEPARAM@@x7crpa[/ame]

Grenadier

Nice video I am wondering how come they weren't injured by some sort backblast or fragmentation effect.

Hi,
Thanks for the great photo's. They're some of the nicest sectioned grenades I've seen in a long time. Thanks again for sharing.

Originally used against the Israelis in Lebanon by militant groups backed by a country that looks alot like Iran on a map.
Drop it on a tank or other vehicle from above in a narrow, high building urban environment, and it's gonna have a tough time dodging it.
Guess who introduced the tactic to Iraq......?
Makes me curious as to who the manufacturer is of the ones being used in Iraq- any body seen one recovered from there recently?

E-Tec,

Ok, I'll bite. Was it the Vietnamese (NVA/VC) They are the earliest I can think of

E-Tec,

Ok, I'll bite. Was it the Vietnamese (NVA/VC)? They are the earliest I can think of and they were made in China and the USSR ?

more photo's of RKG-3 and RKG-3E
//////

Attachments

• RKG-3_inert 3.jpg
    RKG-3_inert 3.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 34
  • RKG,RKG-3.jpg
    RKG,RKG-3.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 42
  • RKG-3_inert 2.jpg
    RKG-3_inert 2.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 33
something old something new.................

Very interesting grenade. for as new as it is it still has that "archaic" look to it. Very nice and very informative....Dano

Hi Dano!

Look at my shelf for grenade's...
:tinysmile_twink_t:

Eugene...

Attachments

• polka.jpg
    polka.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 56
John, me friend, I have you beat. I'd give jhonni/ both of my gonads (they don't work anymore anyways) and some of my fuze collections and a one way trip to a country of his choice (that would be the USA of course). Now top that?:angel: