What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rocket attacks in Afghanistan

Infanteer

Can anyone direct me to a site where I can find some detail photos of the rockets currently being fired at Kandahar Airfield by the Taliban? On my last tour one impacted about 100 meters from where I was standing and I found a couple of small fragments after the EOD team cleaned up that I believe might be fragments from the fuze. One piece is aluminum and the other is bakelite.

The most common rockets in use are the Chinese 107mm's, try FAS.org or Global Security.

Info from the Afghanistan Ordnance ID Guide:

Attachments

• 107mm chinese.jpg
    107mm chinese.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 107mm Chinese and Korean.jpg
    107mm Chinese and Korean.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 51
Thanks for the photos. At least this gives me someplace to start. Any details on the fuses for these rockets?

Here you go. The last two are used in the OG-7V HE rocket fired from the RPG-7. I've seen the 107mm with a fuze similar to number 3.

Attachments

• Chinese Rocket Fuze.jpg
    Chinese Rocket Fuze.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Chinese Rocket fuze 2.jpg
    Chinese Rocket fuze 2.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Iranian fuze 1.jpg
    Iranian fuze 1.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Russian fuze 1.jpg
    Russian fuze 1.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Sweet! Thank you very much. The body on the MP-1B fuze is the same color as the piece of bakelite that I found and I've just read that they are also used by the Chinese. Interesting stuff. I think I have found the culprit....

Last edited:
Your are welcome! Here is the Chinese fuze for the RPG.

Attachments

• Chinese fuze 3.jpg
    Chinese fuze 3.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 19
HI
The fuze your picture showed isn't the fuze for the RPG,but for 82mm mortar.
It's named "type 2 mortar",copyed from soivet mortar fuze "M-6".