What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ROF identification

Dado

Hi everyone. I need help with a doubt. I have a list of ROF monograms. My doubt concerns Kirby in Canada with the KBY monogram... I can't find any news. Instead I have ROF Kirkby in Great Britain with KY monogram. You can confirm?

ROFs were particular to the UK. ROF Kirkby used the monogram 'KBY' It is possible that in their very early days that might have used 'KY' - I'll have to check later.

What are the details of the Canadian establishment you have?

TimG

That list is incorrect, KBY - ROF Kirby was a UK ordnance factory. There's a mixture there of manufacturers/filling factories and Station Monograms.

TimG

That list is incorrect, KBY - ROF Kirby was a UK ordnance factory. There's a mixture there of manufacturers/filling factories and Station Monograms.

TimG
I noticed some errors in the L series list on that link as well. The list is archived and was last updated in 2005 so I suspect it’s unlikely to accept corrections.