What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RPG43 Russian Anti-tank grenade

Dresden

I have a question on the safety pin of this grenade, I see cutaways showing the pin holding a striker in the fuze assembly and it seems to be in holes in the fuze body, yet when the cone body is ejected and the streamers deploy, what causes the pin to fall out or eject?, there is no spring to eject it like in similar Russian grenades, and it seems a weighted pull ribbon would not work.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Walter

Walter, I am certainly not the right person to ask about the "43". But I do now how they function.

I believe that the drogue chute is there to make sure that the top of the grenade hits against the tank. Their by with the other grenade that I did own once before (RKG-3) it had the same functioning perspective.

Bottom line is that your fuse inside is loose in the handle and is weighted to some degree and fired by the abrubt decelleration of the firing pin.
Once you clown around with one and let the drogue shoot out along with the the the funnel shaped desined to help in decelleration of the thrown grenade. Then you have a very, very dangerous situation. A drop of at least 3" will be enough to set the grenade off. So here is a question for all of you, my fellow grenade collectors out there. What would you do if you were the clown who had it?

Mark

Hello

Yes, strange...
I suppose it's removed before use (but not sure). Look the picture, perharps they can help you.

Attachments

• pic-13.jpg
    pic-13.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 45
  • pic-11.jpg
    pic-11.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 41
Only the pictures

Perhaps this will help, Ben

Attachments

• RPG-43.jpg
    RPG-43.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 45
  • RPG-43 drill.jpg
    RPG-43 drill.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 43
  • rpg 43 003.jpg
    rpg 43 003.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 58
RPG43 and RPG6

Thanks for the information, It seems however if we look at the RPG6 you will see a spring that ejects the pin in a positive manner, I suppose this was to prevent any duds, the more modern grenades of this type are causing problems for American troops