What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Run forest, run!

US-Subs

ORDNANCE APPROVED/Premium Member
Ordnance approved
Premium Member
First we add a few gallons of Mogas, then just the right amount of thickener - couple of fuzes and WP igniters, and another pretty picture. From this end at least. Looks hot down there.

Attachments

• jj21a.jpg
    jj21a.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 122
  • jj19a.jpg
    jj19a.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 113
  • g27a.jpg
    g27a.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 111
  • jj29a.jpg
    jj29a.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 119
Jeff,

In the first photo, is he filling the bodies with thickened or unthickened fuel. I thought that the thickener had to be stirred into the fuel, which would be tough in the bomb body, plus his filling apparatus looks a bit more technical than for regular fuel.

Do you know what year these photos were taken?

Last edited:
No idea, though I think I've got a pub someplace (don't ask) on mixing napalm. Not something they trained me in, but I thought these photos were pretty cool. You're right, the pump hosing does look pretty complicated, but hey, ever hear of a $500 hammer?

Here is the photo data, in order with the original presentation. The info given on the first one still keeps the question alive.

Attachments

• jj21b.jpg
    jj21b.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 46
  • jj19b.jpg
    jj19b.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 34
  • g27b.jpg
    g27b.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 33
  • jj29b.jpg
    jj29b.jpg