What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Russian 1 pounders

SG500

Premium Member
These ones are in a friends collection - thought they would be of interest to the one pounder collectors. Quite rare with the nose fuze.

Both INERT and come to bits, primer oiled etc.

Dave.

Attachments

• 20 Nov 09 006.jpg
    20 Nov 09 006.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 182
  • 20 Nov 09 007.jpg
    20 Nov 09 007.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 122
Yes they are nice

I have only seen the fuze with the teeth, can you post some more images of the fuzes. Have these been plated or polished at some distant time.

(I might stand a chance of one of these if somebody leaves me one in their will:xd:)

Those are very interesting and the first Russian examples I've seen. The headstamp has an anchor proof so I presume these are for a 1-pdr Naval deck gun. Did the Russians also have a small field gun version of the 1-pdr like the U.S. M1916 gun or French type we copied ours from?

i know nothing about them,,but they nice looking rounds
I too know nothing about the russian 1 pounders, but these shells are stunning, well marked cleaned and polished. How good would those look in the bunker. Great scott they sure are nice..Dano

Hello!

May be anybody have good diagram or photo of time fuze what is on the Dave's photo???
Do you have possibility make a photos of non-assembled time fuze Dave?
Big thanks!

Eugene.

They had

several designs of light and rather crude close support cannons, the Finns have examples in a museum, images are on the web I will try to find them. They also bought 200+ McClean automatic cannon from the Poole Machine and Equipment Co in the U.S. These used the standard 37x136r 1 Pdr. Heavy casing with the PE&M projectile with the Driggs base fuze. They also bought PE&M 37x95r rounds with the same projectile. My images are on another computer. They also had 37mm Maxim and Revolving cannon.

Three images from Landships of the 1915 Rosenberg Cannon.

Attachments

• IMG_7348.jpg
    IMG_7348.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_7350.jpg
    IMG_7350.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_7376.jpg
    IMG_7376.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Thanks guys, yes they are really nice, I don't really collect one pounders but would really like these myself..........no chance.........yet.
I'll take some more photos of the fuze when I'm at his house next, probably sometime before Christmas.
Has anyone got any line drawings of these rounds?
Dave.

Hello!

May be anybody have good diagram or photo of time fuze what is on the Dave's photo???
Do you have possibility make a photos of non-assembled time fuze Dave?
Big thanks!

Eugene.

Eugene,

I have attached a dismantled picture of one of the fuzes in the Russian one pounder shells. Hope thats what you want.

BD

Attachments

• russ fuze.jpg
    russ fuze.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 75
Wow, Great!!
Thanks Davis!!
Do you know about this fuze anything Davis?
This fuse was with a detonator or black powder igniter (have a dangerous parts)?
And shell of this projectile is a schrapnell or splinter (fougasse)?
Sorry, but we are don't know nothing about this projectiles......
:(
And big thanks again!

Eugene.

Wow, Great!!
Thanks Davis!!
Do you know about this fuze anything Davis?
This fuse was with a detonator or black powder igniter (have a dangerous parts)?
And shell of this projectile is a schrapnell or splinter (fougasse)?
Sorry, but we are don't know nothing about this projectiles......
:(
And big thanks again!

Eugene.

Here is the same projectile viewed against a Russian 3 pr projectile with the same fuze. I am afraid I have no information on the fuse Eugene, perhaps Bonnex can help?

The projectile displays no unusual qualities, it looks vey similar to the 1pr Mk III. Out of interest, the 3pr projectile is both nose and base fuzed.

BD

Attachments

• Russ 1 & 3.jpg
    Russ 1 & 3.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 78
Thanks for the additional photos Burney - its good to see the other one from "the pair".
Dave.

HI
the fuze look strangely automatic setting like british fuze for 2Pdr POM POM?
Export british shell for russian?

The 3 Pdr and 1Pdr projectiles w/fuzes look so nice, it would seem a shame to fire them! Very attractive items.

The 3 Pdr and 1Pdr projectiles w/fuzes look so nice, it would seem a shame to fire them! Very attractive items.

Yep! Item's is very fine...
Thanks Davis!
:)
p.S. But need more info about Russian Hotchkiss 37mm projectile with time fuse.....

Russian 37mm

Hello
Other picture of the Russian fuse time 37x94r.
Amicalement
Andr
2qtic2a.jpg

Hello
Other picture of the Russian fuse time 37x94r.
Amicalement
Andr
2qtic2a.jpg
Another 1-pr Russian with a nose time fuze - NOT!
I was delighted to buy this a few years ago, until I stripped it - strike a light!
Trevor

Attachments

• DSCN7200.jpg
    DSCN7200.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCN7201.jpg
    DSCN7201.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 53
37 lighter

Hello
Fabulous this russian lighter !! very scarse.
An other lighter but with the French model 1888 explo.
f2jzn4.jpg

281dfug.jpg

amicalement
Andr