What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Russian 30x165 Gsh-301 Capped AP Round.

Jagd301

Another one of my favourite cartridges is this very nice example of a Russian 30mmx165 of the type fired in the Russian 30-mm aircraft cannon as fitted to the Mig29 and Su-27 series fighters to name a few. This has a capped Armour Piercing projectile and unstruck primer with drilled steel case. This was is a bit special as it originally belonged to the great and much respected Cartridge Collecting expert Mr Peter Labbet. I aquired this one after he passed away and his instructions being that his collection be sold to other collectors rather than dealers. I never met Peter but had corresponded with him numerous times on ammunition and was an avid reader of the then Guns Review Magazine and his articles on cartridge collecting of which at that time he was probably one of the very few military journalists who provided a regular magazine page on this fascinating subject. Thankfully we now have the Internet and a broader scope of military magazines most of which include cartridge collecting. So heres to Peter who without doubt is still very much sadly missed especially by those who knew him at the ECRA.

Attachments

• 30x165 One..jpg
    30x165 One..jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 63
  • 30x165 Two..jpg
    30x165 Two..jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 37