What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Russian Artillery Fuze Paper Weight

Brian Keith

This interesting paper weight is constructed from the fuze of a large caliber Russian artillery shell. Can anybody ID it for me? Where/when was it made? The widest point is about 97mm and it is about 80mm high. From what I have found on this site, the Cyrillic letter УД , "Udar" stand for impact. It looks to me to be Czars era, pre-WW I, but Im just guessing. Thanks in advance for any information. I accidently posted this in the Bomb Fuze section, so I moved it here. Tmine 35 responded that it may be for a mountain gun or similar. He said the settings, 1 30 refer to flight time, not seconds, I didnt know that!
BKW

Attachments

• DSC_0007.JPG
    DSC_0007.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC_0008.JPG
    DSC_0008.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC_0009.JPG
    DSC_0009.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC_0010.JPG
    DSC_0010.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 18
Your fuze is for the 10cm Russian model 1909 Mountain gun shrapnel shell. The brass bottom part that it is screwed into is actually the top part of shrapnel shell.

D

made in 1914 (14г) by Tulski Patronny Zavod (ТПЗ)

Last edited: