What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Russian B-37 Fuze Display...

Darren

Here is a nice fuze display, a pair of factory sectioned Russian B-37 fuzes for training purposes.

The label on the box translates to: 'B-37 cutaway and easy to disassemble model'

Darren

Attachments

• 001 (1013 x 544).jpg
    001 (1013 x 544).jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 003 (620 x 796).jpg
    003 (620 x 796).jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 88
  • 004 (1077 x 808).jpg
    004 (1077 x 808).jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 95
  • 005 (998 x 808).jpg
    005 (998 x 808).jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 157
Nice items !

Very nice Darren and thanks for showing us.

have you taken them apart yet if they are an "easy to disassemble model" ?

Hi Darren,
That is a really nice pair of sectioned fuzes, do you know what rounds they would have been fitted to ? These factory jobs are quite unusaul and collectable i would imagine, a great addition to the collection.
Best regards Weasel.

Very nice Darren and thanks for showing us.

have you taken them apart yet if they are an "easy to disassemble model" ?

Thanks Chris,
Although the label states 'easy to disassemble' all parts of the fuzes seem to pretty tight and well together, not wanting to force or damage anything I'm pretty happy to just leave alone.

A nice touch to have the tray with the spare parts in also in this display.

Darren

Hi Darren,
That is a really nice pair of sectioned fuzes, do you know what rounds they would have been fitted to ? These factory jobs are quite unusaul and collectable i would imagine, a great addition to the collection.
Best regards Weasel.

Thanks Weasel,
Yes always nice to find factory sectioned items, even better when they come in their original display box.

The B-37 fuze was fitted to 37mm high explosive shells of two ammunition types:
1.) the 37mm aircraft gun N-37 (caliber 37x155)
2.) the 37mm anti-aircraft gun M1939 (caliber 37x152SR)

Darren

While researching this display I have found out that the contents are incorrect. The box should only contain one sectioned fuze, the other should be a complete example that is fully strippable which is a bit of a shame.

Although there are a few sets of these about I find it bizarre how two sets could have come togeather and been mixed up, perhaps someone out there has a similar box but with two complete strippable fuzes? If so I'd be interested to hear from that person.

I know it is a long shot but I will be on the lookout for a correct fully strippable fuze from one of these sets, if anyone has one that they would be willing to swap/sell or comes across one at any point please let me know. It would be great to be able to complete the contents back to original. The complete fuze (training model) that i am looking for will be white in colour.

Does anyone else have a correct set of these as I'd be interested in seeing one or two photos of the complete fuze.

Thanks,
Darren

Last edited:
Hi

I think you know this datasheet ? (from worldwide fuze identification)

Attachments

• b37.jpg
    b37.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 46
Hi

I think you know this datasheet ? (from worldwide fuze identification)

Hi Pascal, yes this is the correct fuze, the one i am looking for would be painted white (instructional model)

Thanks,
Darren

Hi darren,

here is the correct fuze set from my collection:

Sorry, I am not going to sell this!

Hoping this picture might help you.

Greetings from Germany,

Michael

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 58
Hi darren,

here is the correct fuze set from my collection:

Sorry, I am not going to sell this!

Hoping this picture might help you.

Greetings from Germany,

Michael

Thanks for the picture of your set Michael, I have been very lucky and have the correct fuze on it's way to me to complete my set.

Nice to see another set of these, I wonder how many sets are out there?

Thanks,
Darren

I am pretty sure there are more of similar sets out there.

look:

http://spaghetti-wars.de/html/gallerien/bilder/RUSS.Kopfzuender Neu/WM - 45 2.html

The VM-45 in my collection is just the cutaway, no box or uncut fuze included:tinysmile_angry_t:

The B-37 and VM-45 "box - sets" are the only ones that i came across so far.

Just curious for witch different fuzes these nice box - sets were made? Any more?

I didn't realise that the VM-45 came in a matching set, I will have to look out for one of those sets myself now!

Yes would be nice to find out if any other training sets were made in these boxes.

I'm sure someone here will know?

Darren

Hi Darren,
Congratulations on finding the other fuze that you needed to finish off the set,
Best regards Weasel.

Hi Darren,
Congratulations on finding the other fuze that you needed to finish off the set,
Best regards Weasel.

Thanks Weasel, to be honest I thought I never would find the correct fuze to complete the set. After all there cant be too many of each set out there. I was very lucky that a forum member had a spare.

Darren

Complete Set

Just want to say a big thankyou to the forum member that made this possible.

Here is the box set now complete with the correct 'easy to strip' training fuze alongside the sectioned fuze.

Darren

Attachments

• 015 (892 x 1224).jpg
    015 (892 x 1224).jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 011 (1534 x 831).jpg
    011 (1534 x 831).jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 35
Really nice Darren thanks for showing it.
I wonder if its easy to assemble after its been disassembled............:hmmmm:
Dave.

These really are great training sets, these particular ones are very easy to take apart and re assemble. I have been told that there are other training sets just like this in these boxes but of different types of fuzes, at least 20 other types known for sure. Unfortunately I only have the B-37 boxed set so have a lot of hunting to try and track down some of the others! Hopefully I will be lucky enough to come across some of the others in the future to add to my collection.

Darren