What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Russian PSM pistol in 5.45x18

MissingSomething

Does anyone have any info, manuals, cases, for the little Russian guy?

I may have a line on a pistol.. So trying to find some stuff.... Would love to find someone who reloads for it....

Thanks,
Craig

OK, so I am an idiot....

I did get the pistol.....

I also went into my library and found an original Russian manual that I had.... I also lucked out and got an issue holster and spare magazine with it. I do however seem to be missing a cleaning rod....so if anyone has seen one....

Here you go... for your viewing pleasure.

IMG_3334.jpg

IMG_3335.jpg

Serial number is distorted... thats not the finish :D

IMG_3339.jpg

Nice toy,
can You describe how it reacts when fired, comparing it to 22LR, .32 or 9mm, please?

Bob

I believe that the ammunition was sold by the boxload in the US for a while until they relised that no pistols to fire it from had been legally imported.

Would any ammo have found its way into Canada?

The cartridge is similar to .25 ACP so I would think that it would be close to that. I will let you know when I shoot it. As for ammo.... The pistols came here in the mid 90's and there are a few floating around... Never went looking for ammo until now so I don't know. I am on the hunt as we speak. I may have to see if I can get some cases out of Europe.

It is much hotter than a .25 ACP and with original Russian steel core ammo it gets quite nasty on body protection what I heard.

ive read the same .it supposed to be able to penertrate body armour.40 grain bullet.315 meters per second(1035fps) kinetic energy (EO) 130 joules.Hope this is useful.Darrol.

Last edited:
Thanks,
looking forward to hear from You, if You have by chance a free bodyarmor it would be interesting to see how bulletproof it realy is.

Bob