What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Russian rocket weapons of WW2

Nabob

Ordnance approved
Do You know what was the name of the medic of the first Katyusha unit?
Then You just need to get the book Russian rocket weapons of WW2 by Bedrich Ruzicka.
For those who do not read Czech language - start learning because it is worth.

Available only in czech, unfortunately, here: https://www.kosmas.cz/knihy/209376/ruske-raketove-zbrane-2.-svetove-valky/

The author was a retired Lt.Col. a teacher at the Military Academy, author of several books on rockets.
The book is loaded with information on development, the people behind it, ammunition and launchers.
Because the author was teaching this problematic, he explains the changes and the science behind them. He is also able to draw scientific conclusions where data are lacking.

Maybe there is a publisher able to get it translated to english.

Bob

Bob,

Can you buy it in any bookshop or only in special order.
As we are next week in Czech Republic (hope to see you there)

Regards,

Chris:beer:

Bob,

Can you buy it in any bookshop or only in special order.
As we are next week in Czech Republic (hope to see you there)

Regards,

Chris:beer:

I bought it in a book shop. I can buy it for You. Will be there next week too:rock::rock:

Bob

If you can buy it Bob that will be great.
Pay you next week then.

Regards,

Chris

Bob,
My grandfather was a surgeon in the 6th Guards Tank Army https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6th_Guards_Tank_Army which by the way liberated Praha. If you see any info about 6th tank Army in Czech publications, let me know please. I read Czech slower than a turtle, but I am willing to do that if information is interesting. Thanks aforehand.

@ Chris - Sure thing, also take beer liquid currency :)

@ skvlad - can do,
Prague was liberated on May 9th by the 63rd guards tank brigade of the 1st Ukraine Front led by marshal Konev. (Prague citizens were fighting since May 5th)
The US forces had to hold on the demakation line south of Prague. The largest city liberated by the US forces was Pilsen. Maybe he was in Prague after the war ended.
116 US soldiers payed the ultimate price. (and 140 000 soviet and 66 500 rumanian)
Bob