What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Russian simulation of atomic detonation in the 50-ies

William49

Ordnance approved
I'm looking for info about a method to simulate an atomic detonation with help of Russian flame throwers FOG-2. I found a title on a Russian booklet. Who can me give me more info from this booklet? On the 2. photo you can see 4 flamethrowers which were dig into the earth. The tubes are upright. On the 3. photo the detonation cloud is visible at the background.

Attachments

• Anleitung Imitation KWD mit FlaW.jpg
    Anleitung Imitation KWD mit FlaW.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Anleitung_2 (mit FOG-2).jpg
    Anleitung_2 (mit FOG-2).jpg
    328.2 KB · Views: 41
  • Anleitung_3.jpg
    Anleitung_3.jpg
    294.8 KB · Views: 38
One can read inside of the booklet. I can only surmise that the flamethrowers are supposed to produce intense heat and therefore influence total body protection wearers who'd be sweating inside those plastic suits. Maybe to see if the heat will make them disorganised and unable to think clearly.
P.S. One does not need flamethrowers, just stick those people in the middle of Miami on a hot July day..........

Sorry, I cannot read inside of the booklet. I have only the picture of the front page.:tinysmile_cry_t: