What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S.Mi.44

sudelmuk

HONORED MEMBER RIP
Once upon a time I handed over a rather poor example to my old friend, member Fotomanx for making a cut and today I got back this beauty:

S.Mi.44cut-1.jpg

I'm very happy with it, thanks a lot, Peter! :knuddel:

For further treatment/finish any advice is much appreciated.

PS: of course this thread could have been placed in several other sections, for the moment I thought it would be best here.

That's a very fine cutaway model. I found some spare parts like balls and cut wire and a two way fuze adepter. Sent a PN if you can use it to further finish your cutaway model.
Regards, DJH

Attachments

• S-mine spare parts.JPG
    S-mine spare parts.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 78
That's a very fine cutaway model. I found some spare parts like balls and cut wire and a two way fuze adepter. Sent a PN if you can use it to further finish your cutaway model.
Regards, DJH
thanks for your kind offer, PM sent.

original painting smi44

smi44merkencols1.jpgHI

Few years ago ,I've got this(see picture)It's a good exemple to finish your smi44 painting.Great cutaway!!!
Best regards

not even that, Waffster, it remains a mystery.
but sometimes ago I was honored by getting an original piece in my hands (for examination only); I'm getting still shaky fingers and wet eyes remembering this exciting moment!
you can't buy them for money, but only inherit.

not even that, Waffster, it remains a mystery.
but sometimes ago I was honored by getting an original piece in my hands (for examination only); I'm getting still shaky fingers and wet eyes remembering this exciting moment!
you can't buy them for money, but only inherit.

Can you not get a pic of the one you handled old friend? It would help in the hunt for one. :)

cheers

Waffster

i got offered a complete SMi44 about 9 years ago when i collected mines, 1200 wished i had brought it now. cannot load a picture

hI

I've got two different smi44,different in painting:sand color and ground color.All of them got original painting.I've got them since more than twenty years.But not the fuse.Sorry...I think,I've a photo of this smiz44,but I don't know where,somewhere in my picture books.I'm going to looking for...
Regards