What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S6 + S10 respirators used in British AFVs

batonroundcollector

Premium Member
I'm looking for photos/diagrams of S6 and/or S10 masks fitted with hose/adapter fittings for use in armoured vehicles/tanks; I have hose and rubber adapter for the S6 (think rubber part fits over filter canister to allow plugging into vehicle filtration/ventilation system) and what I think is the corresponding hose for the S10, but can't find any pics of it all fitted together. thanks :)

yes, thanks mate - think the filter once fitted with rubber cover was then plugged into tank air con but can't find any reference/period pics.

yes - at least I know Challenger 2 does - but respirator adaptors still issued so possibly for use in different states of NBC alertness, when overpressure was not in operation for some reason, or for AFVs that might need to open hatches in NBC conditions - i.e. APCs??