What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Santa has been very generous this christmas

paul the grenade

I must have been a good boy this year as Santa Has brought a very nice selection of rare 1ww grens this christmas.
Ho Ho Ho!
Paul.

Attachments

• early Benaglia.jpg
    early Benaglia.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 54
  • No 35 Mk1.jpg
    No 35 Mk1.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 53
  • No 35 Mk1 2.jpg
    No 35 Mk1 2.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 63
  • No1 Mk3 Drill.jpg
    No1 Mk3 Drill.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 58
  • No1 Mk3 Drill 2.jpg
    No1 Mk3 Drill 2.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 57
  • No2 RG.jpg
    No2 RG.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 57
  • No2 RG 3.jpg
    No2 RG 3.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 52
  • No23 Mk2.jpg
    No23 Mk2.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Excellent selection 1000 times better than a choclate one paul , nice kit

cheers Ken

I must have been a good boy this year as Santa Has brought a very nice selection of rare 1ww grens this christmas.
Ho Ho Ho!
Paul.

Beats shaving foam and anti-perspirant. Very nice to see such a splendid selection in good condition - well done.

Any markings on the Hales under the usual stamp (7m/m, 8m/m, B)?

Last edited:
hi Norman.
Its stamped 8mm B and on the base is stamped the arrow head with 75 below it. the ebonite transit plug is unusual as its smooth and brown coloured.
cheers, paul.

Paul, ref the No 35, is that a Drill Det or has it been drilled out to de-act ? Tony.

The No.35 detonator (both 32.5-grain mercury fulminate MkI and 30.5-grain MkII) used the body of a .303 cartridge as the holder, with four holes drilled. Attached drawing hopefully is sufficiently focused to show this.

Tom.

Attachments

• No.35 Det.jpg
    No.35 Det.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Thanks Tom, I took it for granted it was similar to the No 24 det, actually rather different. Tony.