What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sc 50 b

Toranaga

Ordnance approved
All,

Question: We found a SC 50 B German WWII bomb with the following stamped on the upper part of the bomb body (between nose and fuze) .

11 (or II ) II A 161 K

Capture.JPG

It also has a white 'B' painted on the bottom and comes with an Elaz 50 (15) fuze

any ideas on the meanings of the stampings?

Thanks in advance!

Reminds me of the marks on the 1kg incendiary bombs

I think K is the date , K according to one of my books indicates 1934, but this appears to be very early for a 50kg. What style of locking rings does it have?

Here is a link to a incendiary thread which deals with markings which may help.....

http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/threads/4270-German-Incendiary-Bomb?highlight=1kg+incendiary+markings

(do you have any photos of the fuze pocket, locking rings and fuze etc this may help)

regards Kev

This looks like a C 50 to me or Spreng-Brand C 50 Phosphorbrandbombe, the field grey colour would also match. I have one exactly the same!