What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scilly EOD

That's funny, in that been there, done that sort of way. I was just burning trash. My total was 75 acres. No sense screwin' around.

It was above the waterline, why task Navy? I bet they won't do that again :p

The funny thing was, you could see the ONE (and looked like only) kick out that started the whole mess, and it didn't go but a few yards/meters. Since we knew what was going to happen, we can second guess to the fare thee well, but from what I saw, they took what precautions they though necessary. I'll bet that the next time they do it, they'll do things a bit different, though. Been there, done that, had to used flappers on the fire. Aaahh, the memories.

Hell Put the army EOD guys on a ship and see what happens ABANDON SHIP! ABANDON SHIP! LOL
What one of us here that have been in the military has not set some acreage ablaze. Just chalk this up to OOOOPS
At least no one was injured except for a few singed eyebrows. Besides the grass will come in greener next time .
You got to admit it was funny Kind of yeah I knew that was going to happen even if they didn't :tinysmile_eyebrow_t

Last edited:
I did a March and Shoot competition in the Falklands in 85. We used the trusty old LMG for the final part of the shoot. The roulement battalion was the RGJ and of course they used a GPMG complete with tracer. All we could see at the firing line was loads of bods racing down the range to put the fire out, tracer and peat soil don't mix.

The funny thing was, you could see the ONE (and looked like only) kick out that started the whole mess, and it didn't go but a few yards/meters. Since we knew what was going to happen, we can second guess to the fare thee well, but from what I saw, they took what precautions they though necessary. I'll bet that the next time they do it, they'll do things a bit different, though. Been there, done that, had to used flappers on the fire. Aaahh, the memories.

Read this story, brilliant stuff, why it isn't a movie yet I have no idea.

http://www.britains-smallwars.com/RRGP/Atlantic.htm

I can not believe thy trust these people with PE4, if i had caught that grass alight i would get 12 years and thats with a box of matches.