What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SCOVILL MODEL 1907M drill fuze

This came in the post today, and until it arrived I had no idea it was a drill fuze. Stamped SCOVILL MODEL OF 1907M DRILL FUZE LOT 11391 P11391 10 P.A.40 P.A. LOT 3790-1. This is the first one of these I have seen with drill fuze stamped on it. Used from 1907 through The Korean War this fuze fit either 3 inch or 75mm shell depending on adaptor. This one is in excellent condition and it was cheap......Dano

Attachments

• Picture 821.jpg
    Picture 821.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Picture 822.jpg
    Picture 822.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
HI Dan,

Great find!

Humm, interesting enough, from the second photo, it looks like the time ring is "solid" like those "Rejected" No 80s - is this correct?
Cheers
Drew

Very interesting Dano. I would have thought that the Drill fuze might have been used on the early 75mm one-piece bronze 75mm Drill rounds, but I have two of them and the fuzes are inert, but not marked Drill. Nice find!

Thanks Guys, And Randall I have not yet tried to disassemble it but looks like it'll sure enough come apart. I have had dozens of these Scovill 1907 fuzes but never with "DRILL FUZE" stamped on the side. One thing that caught my eye is how the tip of fuze sticks up and away from main body. This is not due to damage but made that way........Dano

Last edited:
HI Dan,

Great find!

Humm, interesting enough, from the second photo, it looks like the time ring is "solid" like those "Rejected" No 80s - is this correct?
Cheers
Drew
Hi Drew, without another example to compare it to it is hard to say on the time ring, but does strongly resemble rejected NO80...Dano