What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sd 250

BOMBSaway1980

Ordnance approved
does anybody have any Data on the SD 250, and what does the SD stand for. And can anybody I.D. the bomb next to it.

Attachments

• IMG_1568.jpg
    IMG_1568.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 117
does anybody have any Data on the SD 250, and what does the SD stand for. And can anybody I.D. the bomb next to it.

Hi there are a few variant of the SD250

I dont have to much on them only that there is the D250,D250JB,
D250L, D250DL.

There is a calling i think for the Madbomber:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Best phil

I think the 'S' stands for 'Spreng' (High-Explosive),the 'D' i can only guess at 'Armour Piercing'?
However,Ive also seen reference to the word 'Splitterbomb' in some of my manuals regarding SD-50's?
Yes,i think MB should jump in on this! :)

cheers

waff

According to a document i have SD= Spreng Dickenwand roughly translated meaning thick walled armour piercing bomb or HE bomb

Spotter is correct on it its a thick walled HE bomb.

The Small bomb next to it is a GP 250 Lb UK one.

Here are the drawings

Attachments

• SD250.jpg
    SD250.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 80
  • SD250JAB.jpg
    SD250JAB.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 76
  • SD250L2.jpg
    SD250L2.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 72
Dicke wand refers to the wal thicknis so it gives more fragmentation, so I think high explosive fragmentation would translate better then armour piercing. A SD-2 is not armour piercing but fragmentation.

Hi Austin,

It's not from a commercially available work sorry.
I think they are from the factory.