What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SD1 fuze

navyman

Hello all,
I have an SD1 which I know little about except that I believe they were dropped in whicker baskets?
It was cheap because the fuze seems to have been attacked with a monkey wrench and is in poor condition. It was very rusty when I received it so the only thing I have done is to give it a coat of Kurust. I'd be gratefull for any info regarding these and if anyone has a half decent fuze for sale please let me know.
Many thanks,
navyman.

Attachments

• sd1  3a.jpg
    sd1 3a.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 27
  • sd1  4.jpg
    sd1 4.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 22
  • sd1  5.jpg
    sd1 5.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 25
Navyman i have seen pictures of these nose to tail in pods. The fuze of the one behind fits into the tail of the one in front. They were stacked like that in the pods and then seperated once they were all dropped at the same time. An early type of cluster bomb i guess. I cant remember if the pics were in one of my books or online i will have a look though and see if i can find it. Cheers Mick.