What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sd10 bomb

Hi guys, I have a nice German sd10 that has been repainted sometime in the distant past, grey body, black fins.
Can anyone tell me the correct colour sceme and where I could get the right paint in aerosol form if possible. I have been told it should be olive green? Any help appreciated. Thanks and Merry Xmas.:angel: Murdosbunker

Hello Which model does it concern??? The SD 10A is field-grey with 40mm black Buchstaben.Die SD 10C is beige grey. Both colors are to be gotten RAL-Farben and in spray doses. The Ral NR. I must find out however only. Greeting Harry

sd10 A bomb

Hi guys, thanks for the info..the bomb is the sd10 A version,sorry forgot to mention this...also excuse me on this one but what is RAL when you mention the code for paint?? Thanks for this...it's a new field for me.:tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Hi Check with Phil (Satan ) he has just bought the paint with the code i gave him and its come up a treat
regards
Steve

Nice link Harry,thank you! I will be restoring one of these SD10 bodies in the new year.

best

waff

Hi, very simplified all colours are coded using various code series, RAL is one of those series and they are used so you can refer to the code and number and then paints or plastics can be made and matched to the colour in the code book and checked using equipment which optical braeks down the colour into its basic colours and their ratios to ensure that it matches, this enables two different paint makers or platstic makers or printers to get the same colour when their parts are put side by side.

RAL paint codes

Hi 2pdr, many many thanks for the info..also thanks to the rest of the guys.All is very much appreciated. Murdosbunker:bigsmile: