What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SD2 bits and bobs...

waffenamt

Here are a few pieces that got brought in via a couple of pals at Beltring.

Some very restorable items here and im quite pleased especially when i saw what was included with one of them.... ;p
Good markings that will come up great after restoration. Buying the bits much more happier on the pocket rather than the ridiculous priced ones appearing on the auction sites.

Ok,enjoy!

cheers

waff

Attachments

• S7007762.jpg
    S7007762.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 36
  • S7007761.jpg
    S7007761.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 70
  • S7007763.jpg
    S7007763.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 32
I nearly fell over when i saw that 70B2 in the charge!

Nice to be re-united with one of the 67's i let go 2 years ago.

waff

Attachments

• S7007764.jpg
    S7007764.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 25
  • S7007765.jpg
    S7007765.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 21
  • S7007766.jpg
    S7007766.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 28
some relics...the cradles will be going to to Phil-meister for a re-vamp. :tinysmile_twink_t:

waff

Attachments

• S7007767.jpg
    S7007767.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 17
  • S7007768.jpg
    S7007768.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 18
Nice finds Waff, its good to see its still out there to be found.

Dave.

Excellent finds waff......

especially that 70 !! ............I bet you couldnt believe your luck. Thats a cracker, congratulations on that one.

As Dave has already said, great to see the stuff is still floating around out there, just need to be at the right place at the right time, and a little bit of luck :tinysmile_grin_t:

regards Kev

Cheers fellas.:tinysmile_grin_t:

The geezer said by email that he had a special-something in the swag box. I see its a 70B2 with the small winglets on the arming wire? Would that be a correct set if these things were used to be dropped on aircraft formations from above?

cheers

waffy

Cheers fellas.:tinysmile_grin_t:

The geezer said by email that he had a special-something in the swag box. I see its a 70B2 with the small winglets on the arming wire? Would that be a correct set if these things were used to be dropped on aircraft formations from above?

cheers

waffy

I dont think the 70B2 would have been used as the arming time was too long for effective use........I should think the 41A was the fuze used.
The reason for cutting the wings so tiny was to enable a fast drop from attacking aircraft to bomber formation.......the longer the drop the more variables come into effect (wind, movement of aircraft etc). Thus the quicker the drop the more effective the result.

There is little information about these experimental wings so nothing is certain

regards Kev